Fort Tuthill County Campground
Please contact email@example.com if you experience any technical difficulties with the online reservation system. Thank you.
Please note, this campground is within a busy County Park. On weekends and some weekdays, events are held at the park that may cause noise disruption to your stay.
Tall ponderosa pine trees create a rustic "camping in the woods" experience and provide shade on hot summer days. Firewood and ice are available for purchase at the campground. The campground is very busy on holiday weekends and during the County Fair. Nearby attractions are Flag Extreme Adventure Course, the new county Bike Park, Archery Range, Military Museum, Model Railroad Club, Fair Grounds, Equestrian Arena and Cross Country Course, and the Pepsi Amphitheater where concerts are held regularly. Just a few miles away down Lake Mary Road, you will find fishing, water skiing, and relaxation on the beach of Upper Lake Mary. Fort Tuthill County Campground is open for both reservations and a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Bird Watching
- Pet Friendly
Campground rules are posted throughout the campground and can be provided to campers upon check-in. Failure to follow all rules and policies set forth by Coconino County Park and Recreation (CCPR), and/or Fort Tuthill County Campground operated by Vista Recreation, may result in eviction or removal from the park. No refunds will be provided. Users of CCPR, including Fort Tuthill County Campground operated by Vista Recreation, are financially liable for any damage caused by their use, or by the actions of their guests, events, or activities. The successful operation of this area depends on your cooperation and compliance of the following:
One (1) person from each campsite must register upon arrival. This person is responsible for any damage or cost incurred to Vista Recreation and Coconino County caused by campsite users.
Camping tag must be displayed on site post until departure.
The Campground Host has the authority to assign and reassign sites.
Sites in the campground are able to be reserved, or are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please ensure sites are not reserved before occupying a site.
• Site must be occupied on the first night of the reservation or the reservation will be forfeited with no refunds. Saving sites is not permitted.
• Unattended camping vehicles and equipment cannot be left at a site unless fees are paid. Rented campsites must have a camping unit present to show the site is taken.
• No more than 2 camping units are allowed per site; one RV or two tents per site.
• Camping is permitted at designated (numbered) sites only. A maximum of 8 people are allowed per campsite.
• All vehicles, including visitors, must display a parking pass in order to park in the campground. A maximum of 2 vehicles are allowed per campsite (if space permits); second vehicle pays an additional fee.
• Vehicle maintenance and/or mechanic work (e.g. oil changing, engine repair, etc.) are prohibited on park property.
• Motorcycles, ATVs, and UTVs being operated on park property must be registered and insured and must have functioning spark arresters. These vehicles may only be operated on designated roadways; they are not permitted on park trails. All drivers are required to possess the appropriate license endorsements.
• The maximum camping stay is 21 consecutive days.
• Check-in time is 2:00 PM or later, and check-out time is 11:00 AM. If late checking out, a day use fee will apply. If early check in, a day use fee will apply.
• Quiet hours, including generator use, are from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Disruptive campers may be asked to vacate the campground without reimbursement.
• No generators larger than 10 kw are allowed. Loud or obtrusive generators are never allowed.
• No Amplified Sound.
• Glass containers are prohibited.
• Offensive or disruptive behavior (including, but not limited to, loud music, barking dogs, loud conversations, profanity, intoxication, illegal drug use, etc.) is prohibited. Disruptive campers may be asked to vacate the campground without reimbursement.
• Picnic tables, fire pits, boulders, or logs may not be moved. If moved, the credit card on file will be charged a fee of $75.00.
• All litter and trash must be placed in trash receptacles. Please keep a clean campsite and do not attract wildlife to the campground. Please place appropriate recyclables in appropriate recycle bins.
In the case of windy and/or dry conditions, a “No Fire” restriction will be imposed by the Campground Host and/or government agency and remain in effect until it is deemed safe to allow campfires.
• Campfires must be contained in metal fire rings. Keep your campfire low at all times, shall be no larger than two (2) feet in height.. Firewood must fit in fire ring.
Two personal size bundles are allowed to be brought into the campground. No overhanging wood. All firewood must be pre-cut and not include construction debris or pallets. Please do not burn trash in fire rings. Campfires are prohibited when fire restrictions are put into place due to fire danger conditions. Fires must be completely out when leaving your site or retiring for the night. Cold to the touch.
• No projectiles permitted in campground (e.g., BB guns, bows and arrows, sling shots, etc.)
• Firearms and weapons must be under lock and key and may not be visible at all times.
• Observe the speed limit of 10 mph, or lower if posted, throughout the campground.
Do not cut, damage, or drive nails into trees.
Failure to follow all rules as set forth by CCPR & Vista my result in eviction from campground without refund.